Grilled Steak with Citrus Chile Compound Butter
Fabulous grilled steak with fresh citrus and jalapeno compound butter!
- 4 thick cut steaks
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 recipe Citrus Chile Compound Butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Let the meat come to room temperature while you prepare the compound butter. Preheat your grill to between 350-400˚ F (medium-high).
Season both sides of each steak with salt and pepper. Grill outside covered for about 10 minutes or so each side or until the meat reaches about 5˚ under desired doneness.
When the meat is done remove from the grill and rub some of the compound butter onto the steaks. Cover with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes to rest. Uncover the meat, slice across the grain and serve with additional compound butter.
Recipe for Citrus Chile Compound Butter
Rare: 125˚ F
Medium Rare:130-135˚ F Food Network, USDA 145˚ F
Medium: 135-140˚ F, USDA 160˚ F
Medium Well: 140-150˚ F Food Network
Well Done: 155˚ F + Food Network, USDA 170˚ F
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!