Chipolte Baby Back Ribs
- 3 pounds pork loin back ribs or meaty pork spareribs
- 3/4 cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 canned chipotle chilies in adobo, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat broiler. Cut into 2-rib portions. Place ribs on unheated rack in a broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from heat for about 10 minutes or until brown, turning once. Transfer ribs to a 4-5 quarter slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, and chipolte chilies. Pour over ribs in cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours.
transfer ribs to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover ribs to keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 Tbsp cold water. Stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for about 15 minutes or until thickened. Top ribs with sauce. If desired, serve ribs over shredded coleslaw mix.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Ribs 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Delicious Chicken Salad 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Southwestern Hot and Spicy Chili... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Granny's Texas Baked Beans 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Slow cooker Oatmeal 4/5 (61 Votes)
- Ultimate Homemade BBQ Chicken 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Daddy's spare ribs 4/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.