Granny's Texas Baked Beans
Yummy spicy-sweet beans perfect for barbecues!
- 1 16oz. can green lima beans
- 1 16 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 16 oz. can navy beans,
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 cups water
- 3 strips of bacon,fried crisp
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and drain all beans.
Saute onion in bacon drippings until clear (not brown).
Mix ketchup, vinegar, and water.
Add all seasonings to ketchup mixture and mix well.
Add to onions along with well drained beans. Mix carefully to evenly distribute seasonings.
Put in a large casserole or pyrex dish and top with crumbled bacon.
Bake covered for 1 hour at 375 degrees.
You'll also love
- Dessert crepes 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Sheppards Treat 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- oma's little muffin thingies 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Passover Rolls 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Blackkk Bean Humus 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- BBQ Meatloaf 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Ultimate Homemade BBQ Chicken 4/5 (18 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for bacon-wrapped,... 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!