Almond Oatmeal Apple Cookies
Chock-full of good-for-you ingredients the Ninja Baker's cookies are guilt-free treats. Almond Oatmeal Apple Cookies are perfect for lunch boxes, snacking and post-supper sweets.
- 1.5 cups non-hydrogenated, trans fat-free margarine
- 1.5 cups almond butter
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice
- 1-cup brown sugar
- 3 large cage-free eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice flour
- Slightly less than a ½ cup of potato starch
- Slightly less than a ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking soda
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping cup of diced dried apples
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl whisk the oats, flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
With the paddle attachment on your mixer, cream the margarine and almond butter until combined. Add the sugars. Next mix in the eggs one at a time until thoroughly mixed. Pour in the almond extract. Mix again.
Slowly mix in the dry ingredients oats/flour/soda/salt combo. Stir in the diced apples with a spatula. Make sure to incorporate all the tiny bits into the dough by scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl.
Scoop out the rounded ½ teaspoons of dough onto your prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes.
You are probably safe with a 9 to 10 minute bake. However, as a French Cordon Bleu pastry professor told me, “Always trust ze eyes and nose!”
You'll also love
- Oriental Salad 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Cups 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Dutch Apple Pie 2.8/5 (19 Votes)
- kiss my cookies 3.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Bacon Peanut Butter Strips 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cookies- So Easy 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Badam halwa 2.6/5 (126 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you can get your hands on them, fresh almonds are delicious. That said, they can be quite tricky to peel. In this video we show you how to remove almond skins in just 5 easy steps!
Review this recipe