World's Easiest Apple Crumble
A fabulous apple dessert that will wow your family and friends. What they don't know is that you can make it, start to finish in around 30 minutes. Warm-spiced apples covered with a melt in your mouth buttery-sweet crumble. Sure to win rave reviews!
- 5-6 medium Golden Delicious apples**
- about 6 cups
- cored and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- 4 ounces
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- possibly a bit more
- 12 Biscoff*** cookies
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
1. Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Spray a 9-10-inch round or square baking dish or 6-8 individual baking dishes* with cooking spray.
2. Pour apples into baking dish(s), mounding a bit on top, if needed.
3. Combine flour, sugar, Biscoff crumbs and salt. Stir to combine.
4. Add butter and stir with a fork until large, wet crumbs form. If mixture is too wet and doesn't form crumbs, add a bit more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir with fork after each addition until large crumbs do form.
5. Take crumb mixture with your hands and pile on top of apples, trying to keep fairly large crumbs intact. If using individual pans, divide mixture evenly. Place pan(s) on a large sheet pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from oven. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired and Ridiculously Easy Caramel Sauce drizzled on top.
* ~ I used -inch ceramic, individual baking dishes and got 6 servings. If your dishes are smaller, you will probably get 8 servings.
** ~ You can actually use any good baking apple, though I would use a super hard apple like a Granny Smith. I love baking with Golden Delicious or Ginger Gold apples.
*** ~ More and more grocers are begining to carry these delicious Belgian cookies. They have them now at my most common market. Walmart and Target also carry them. If you can't find Biscoff, you can make the recipe without. Just follow the directions and omit the cookies. If you have another favorite cookie, you could substiture it for the Biscoff cookies. I think Lorna Dunes or Nutter Butters or even graham crackers would be wonderful.
You'll also love
- Mini Apple Pies 4.2/5 (314 Votes)
- Apple McIntosh Cake 3.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Pizza 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Dehydrator dried Banana 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Red Fruit Crumble 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple Bread 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Feta Cheese Crumble Salad 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.