Shrimp & Couscous Salad
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (chopped)
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Pour water into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then immediately fluff with a fork. Set aside and let cool
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside
In a large salad bowl, toss together the shrimp, cooled couscous, red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, parsley and feta cheese. Whisk vinaigrette to blend, then pour in about half of it over the couscous. Toss to coat, and add more dressing to coat thoroughly without drenching. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.