Apple Cup Crisp
Apple crisp right inside the apple. No mess!
- 6 whole apples
- 3/4 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 C. quick oats
- 1/3 C. butter
- 3/4 t. cinnamon
- 3/4 t. nutmeg
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Core your apples! Cut a complete circle around the very top of the apple to remove the stem area. Use a spoon to scrape out the core, leaving about a half inch in tact at the bottom.
Heat oven to 375°F. Light grease baking dish with cooking spray.
Mix sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mash butter into mixture until crumbly.
Fill apples with crust. Bake 30 minutes or until tender.
May serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and cinnamon garnish.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.