Chilled Watermelon Soup
- Watermelon Juice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut a watermelon into multiple pieces. Remove the rind and cut the watermelon fruit into many pieces
Place these pieces into a large bowl and use a potato masher to mash all the fruit up until you reach an almost soup consistency
Use another bowl and a strainer to repeatedly strain the watermelon mash up, to separate the seeds and pulp from the actual watermelon juice
Now, pour the watermelon juice into a bowl. Garnish to your liking and enjoy
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!