Chicken and Asparagus Skillet Supper
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 3 slices of bacon
- coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1 small yellow squash
- halved crosswise and cut into 1/2" strips
- 4 green onions
- cut into 2 inch pieces
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In 12" skillet cook chicken, onions, and bacon over medium high heat, turning to brown evenly.
Carefully add broth; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes more until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Meanwhile in a microwave-safe 2 quart dish, combine asparagus, squash and 2 Tbsp water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Cook on 100% power 3 to 5 minutes, until veggies are crisp-tender, stirring once.
Transfer to plates. Drizzle cooking liquid, top with chicken, bacon and onions.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.