Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 8oz cream cheese (reduced fat is ok)
- 16 oz light sour cream
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1½ – 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 14 oz quartered artichoke hearts
- drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz can diced jalapeños
- 10 oz frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a medium pot over medium heat, melt together 8oz cream cheese, 16 oz sour cream, 1 stick butter and 1.5-2 cups parmesan cheese, stirring frequently until melted and an even consistency. It should start to bubble.
Stir in coarsely chopped artichoke hearts, your drained jalapenos and drained spinach (I used my hands to squeeze spinach over the sink to remove excess water). Finally, stir in 2-3 pressed garlic cloves.
Serve hot with chips