Strawberry and Raspberry Semifreddo
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 Cup caster sugar
- 3 Cups frozen raspberries (or mixed berries)
- 2 Cups cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and raspberries to garnish
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Line a loaf tin with cling film.
Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and sugar over a double boiler for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Beat with an electric beater until thick and pale.
Crush 2 cups of the berries and fold through the egg mixture. Spread the remaining frozen berries over the base of the lined tin.
Fold the whipped cream into the mixture and pour mixture into the tin. Cover with cling film and place in the freezer overnight.
Immediately prior to serving, garnish with fresh berries.
Make it a day ahead so that it will be set by the time you are wanting to serve it.
You'll also love
- Meredith's Blue Ribbon Cookies 3/5 (11 Votes)
- Bubble Bread/Monkey Bread 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ French Riviera Torte 2.9/5 (64 Votes)
- Raspberries and Blackberries Bread... 2.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Strawberry Salad 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pear & Strawberry Crumble 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Overnight Breakfast casserole 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Weeknight Italian chicken 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe