Taco Chip Salad with Roma Tomatos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can large black olives, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) bag plain Doritos, crumbled into big chunks
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Brown ground beef, drain grease, adding taco seasoning and following directions on package. Chill. When ground beef is cold, place in a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well and serve.
By: Jason Warren
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.