Hearty Feeling Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced white onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup frozen cut Italian cut green beans
- 1/4 cup minced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (Swanson is good *note ( Do not use chicken broth!*)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrot (julienned or shredded)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency
By: Kristin Warren