- 5 tbsp gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tap oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Soak gelatins in water for 15 minutes
Beat egg white and sugar for 5 minutes. The mixture should resemble crumbs
Microwave the gelatins for 1 minute. Allow it to cool slightly.
Beat the gelatin into the egg, allow it to beat for a further 15 minutes, adding in preferred flavor, until 3x it's volume.
Rinse pan in cold water, shake out water, and coat pan with oil.
Cookout and flavor as desire and quickly spread the mixture into the pan with a oiled spatula.
Allow marshmallows to set. Cut and coat in icing sugar/mazina or in coconut.
Fresh puréed strawberries or other fruit can be added. Add a tsp of cream of tartar to the last minute of beating.
You'll also love
- Martha Washington Candy 4.3/5 (67 Votes)
- Merediths Blue Ribbon Pecans 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Jelly Worms! 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Party Fruit Punch 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Basic Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pizza Dough Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy White Vinegarl Salad Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.