Best Ever Baked Potatoes
- Potatoes (Red or Yukon is best but can use baking
- or any).
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Poke holes with fork into potatoes. Precook potatoes in convection microwave for 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
Pour 1/2 tbsp oil in hand, roll potatoe in oiled hand once cool.
Roll oiled potatoe on surface covered with salt, pepper and any other herbs.
Bake at 500F for 15 minutes each side, straight on grate.
Serve with your choice of toppings.
Do NOT pre-cook these by boiling- you may loose some of the skin (extra fibre and nutrients). If you do not have a convection microwave, a regular microwave is fine but don't let them get too soft.
You'll also love
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.5/5 (185 Votes)
- Microwave Baked Apples in a Bag 3.6/5 (221 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (241 Votes)
- Southwestern Twice Baked Chorizo... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- death by potatoes 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Baked Potato Dinner 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Party Tetrazzini 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.