Thai Cashew Chicken
- Chicken breast 1 cut into bite sized pieces
- Garlic 1 tsp chopped
- Dry red chillies 2 cut into half
- Onion 1medium size quartered
- Spring onion 1 stalk cut finely
- Capsicum half cut into bite sizes
- Cashew nut 1/2 cup dry roasted
- Mushrooms 1/2 cup quartered
- Chicken stock/ water 1/4 cup
- Corn flour 1/4 cup
- Oyster sauce 2 1/2 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce 1 tbsp
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Coat the chicken pieces with corn flour and a pinch of salt.
Heat some oil in a wok and toss in the chicken pieces and stir fry till done well.
Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside.
In the same wok, add the chopped garlic and sauté till fragrant. Now put in the onion and continue sautéing. Follow this with the mushrooms and capsicum and sauté till the mushrooms are done which will take approx 3-4 mins
Now add the fried chicken and cashew nuts and mix well.
Pour in the chicken stock or water and all the sauces and mix again till all the ingredients are well combined.
Finally toss in some chopped spring onion and remove from heat. As simple as that!!
Remember to do the entire cooking on high heat. And don't forget to try this
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.