I created this recipe for thanksgiving while I was living in Korea because I couldn't get any premade vegan meats in the town I lived in.
- 2 blocks extra firm Indian tofu
- 1/2 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp vegetable bullion
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Put crumbled tofu in a bowl. Use another bowl to press tofu between. Flip upside down on a plate to press out as much liquid as you can overnight in a refrigerator.
Once tofu is dried mix in spices. Shape into desired shape.
Combine marinade. Pour marinade over tofu. Let marinate at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 425*F. Bake tofu in marinade for 2 hours or until browned. Baste ever 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pizza Popovers 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesy Shepherds Pie 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken 3.7/5 (28 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce 3.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Feta Cheese Bites 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Tofu with Mushroom in Sesame Sauce 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Mom Otteson's Oreos 3.6/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!