Chicken Potato Casserole
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup with herbs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 1/2 cups southern style hash browns
- 1 1/2 cups peppers and onions
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl, combine 1 can soup, sour cream, milk, chicken, and 1 1/4 cup cheese.
Spread mixture in 2 quart baking dish.
Place hash brown and peppers and onions over top of mixture and press down lightly.
Then spread last can of soup over top and sprinkle reamaining cheese.
Bake unovered for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly.
Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!