Easy Apple Crisp
- 2 Cans of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Stick of butter
- 1 Box of your favorite Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2-1 cup oats (optional)
- 1 small bag of pecan pieces
- cinnamon/sugar spice blend
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
*Melt (1) stick of butter/margarine for 30 sec or completely melted. set aside
*Open (2) Cans of Apple Pie Filling and spread evenly in 9x13 cake pan
*lightly sprinkle cinnamon/sugar spice mix on top of pie filling if desired
*open box of cake mix. spread dry cake mix (crumbles) evenly over pie filling
*add oats on top of dry cake mix (if desired)
*sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mix on top if desired
*pour liquid butter on top, evenly to coat dry cake mix. Do not spread butter with spoon, knife or spatula.
*Add pecans on top
Bake on 375 for 35-45 minutes, or until top of crisp is firm, and brown
Fresh, cored apples coated lightly in margarine and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar work great if pie filling not available, or for a fresher alternative
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.