Three-Bean Salad with Quinoa
Works as a side dish or protein-filled vegetarian entree
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound green beans trimmed cut into 2-inch pieces cooked and rinsed in cold water
- 1 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Rinse quinoa under cold running water and drain. Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil in a small pot. Stir quinoa and a pinch of salt into water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender and liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and let cool. Put cooled quinoa, green beans, edamame, peppers, kidney beans, dressing, tarragon, salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Canned garbanzos, pintos or black beans are fine, too.