Aunt Lou's Spaghetti Sauce
Homemade spaghetti sauce. Takes a long time to cook, but you can mostly leave it. We used to have it with baby shells instead of normal spaghetti. Fed a family of 5, with leftovers when my mom made it.
Rate this recipe 4/5 (11 Votes)
Recipewe ♡ 0 Picture
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 can (48 oz) Tomato juice
- 1 can (26 oz) Chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (7 oz) Tomato paste
- 48 oz Water
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 2 tbsps Oregano
- 2 tbsps Sugar
- 2 tsps Salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 390mins
Cost Average budget
Brown ground beef. (10 mins microwave)
Save some juice to cook onions and garlic. (5 mins microwave)
Put everything into large pot. Cook on medium-low heat for 6-7 hours.
You'll also love
- Tangy Steak Marinade 4/5 (10 Votes)
- cheese sauce 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce by Jackie Larsen 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Vinnie's Vodka Sauce 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Spaguetti 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rainbow Shrimp Pasta
This multi-colored Rainbow Shrimp Pasta is utterly delicious, and sure to impress when you serve it up!
- 2 oz red spaghetti
- 2 oz green spaghetti
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Boil the red and green spaghetti separately in salted water until al dente.
- Fry the shrimp in a pan with plenty of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese, and stir through until combined.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti in an alternating pattern on a plate.
- Top with the creamy shrimp sauce
- Garnish, and serve!
Review this recipe