Talent Show Chocolates
Some chocolates my friend made for a church talent show.
- 1 small bag plain ruffles style potato chips
- 1 bag (270-300g) chocolate baking chips
- 1 bag (270-300g) peanut butter baking chips
- 1 bag (270-300g) butterscotch baking chips
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Average budget
Mix baking chips in microwave-safe bowl, melt in microwave for 3 minutes on high.
While baking chips are melting, crush the potato chips in a plastic bag, until they are really, really small.
Stir up the melted baking chips and make sure they are fully mixed. Add crushed potato chips, and mix them in thoroughly.
Pour mixture into a square pan and spread evenly. Size of pan will determine thickness of chocolates. If using a metal pan, lining the pan with wax paper is recommended. Cool in fridge for at least half an hour, or overnight.
Once hard, remove chocolate from pan and use a knife to cut up into small pieces. Serve on plate, or put into plastic bags in fridge or freezer to store. These will melt at lower temperatures than regular milk chocolate bars.
If you use bigger bags, you will need more potato chips. Should be equal amounts of each baking chip.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!