Vietnamise Pho Beef Noodle Soup
a rich brothy soup that can be very low fat and soduim
- 1 meduim onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, large bias chop
- 2 carrots, bias cut
- 1 tbl chopped garlic
- 2 tbl olive or vegetable oil
- 2 quarts reduced or no added soudim beef broth
- 1 17 0z can bean sprouts
- 1 8 oz package linguini pasta
- 1 pound top round or lean beef, sliced wafer thin
- salt and pepper as needed
- low soduim soy sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
1. cook noodles accord ing to package direction, rinse, cool, set aside.
2. saute the celery and onion and carrot in large stockpot or wok in the oil. add the garlic, simmer until vegetables are soft. add the beef stock. bring to a slow boil. to serve, add the noodles and bean sprouts. Add the raw slices of beef just before service. serve with the soy sauce as a side.
Increace the flavor by making your own beef stock from a soup bone
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.