Cheesy Spinach Triangles
great side or appetizer and snack
- 8 ounces package softened cream cheese
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons milk
- garlic & onion powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan or Romano cheese, to taste
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- bacon bits, optional
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Mix the cream cheese, spinach, milk, Parmesan/Romano and spices (include bacon bits, if desired) in a small, coverable bowl.
2. When seasoned to taste, add egg and stir until well mixed. Cover, and refrigerate while working with the dough.
3. Open the first package of dough and unroll. There should be 4 rectangles, each sliced down one diagonal. For each of these 4 rectangles, slice from corner to corner, and across from edge to edge. This will result in 8 triangles of dough (or a total of 32 per package of crescent rolls).
4. Place 1/2 tsp. of the spinach mixture onto each of the small triangles, pull one point of the triangle over the mixture, and tuck under the bottom on the opposite side.
5. Place triangles onto a non-stick cookie sheet, and bake for 10 min. or until tops are golden.
6. Remove from oven, and allow to cool 2-3 min.