Fun to eat and can be used as a starter, appetizer, side dish
- 1 packege Roll Referigerator Biscuts (Large
- like Grands)
- 24 slices bacon
- 8 ounce block sharp cheddar cheese
- 24 Long bmboo Skewers
- Maple Honey Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup pancake syrup
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablesoppns hot sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the biscuts into 4 pieces each (24 for a 6 count dough roll). Cut the cheese into 24 1/2 inch cubes. Place one piece of cheese into the biscut dough, wrapping it over. Wrap one slice bacon around each dough ball and skewer with the bamboo skewer. Support the bacon with a toothpick placed into the ball crosswise.
Heat oil in deep pot or wok to 375 f. Fry a few bacon bombs at a time using the skewer to hold, rotate. Fry until the bacon browns and the dough ball begins to puff. Be careful of spatter.
Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with the maple dipping sauce on the side
Substitute block mozzarella cheese or other firm cheese.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!