Stir-fried Endives, Potatoes and Bacon
By Villemain Vanessa , blog La Popotte de Petit_Bohnium
- 2 1/4 lbs endive
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 pack of smoked bacon
- Salted butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the endive by removing the damaged leaves and the white core to remove the bitterness
In a wok, sauté endive in a little salted butter, cut into fine pieces. Simmer 15 minutes then strain through a sieve because the endives will release water. Set aside.
Wash, peel, and cut potatoes into cubes. Cook in the wok with salted butter and salt and pepper. Allow to brown, cook the potatoes about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
Then add the bacon. Allow about 10 minutes.
Once the bacon is cooked, add the endives. Allow ten minutes, adjust seasoning and serve hot.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!