Oven Baked Potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- optional toppings:
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- bacon bits
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425 F
Rub potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Prick with tines of fork.
Bake for 45-60 minutes until skin is crispy and a fork, inserted, meets with no resistance.
Serve with toppings, if desired.
Can be wrapped in foil to produce baked potatoes with a softer skin.
You'll also love
- onion ring batter 4/5 (27 Votes)
- Creamy Broccoli, Cheese and Turkey... 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Bacon Cheese Chicken 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Spicy Potatoes and Roasted... 4.1/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Casserole with Egg Noodles 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Francinette 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken, Potato & Rice 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Potato & Broccoli Snack 4/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.