Oven Baked Potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- optional toppings:
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- bacon bits
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425 F
Rub potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Prick with tines of fork.
Bake for 45-60 minutes until skin is crispy and a fork, inserted, meets with no resistance.
Serve with toppings, if desired.
Can be wrapped in foil to produce baked potatoes with a softer skin.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (177 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (235 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (235 Votes)
- Potatoes Eggs and Cheese 4.2/5 (116 Votes)
- Vegetable Puree 3.1/5 (205 Votes)
- Sole Medallion with foie gras 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.