Bacon Cheese Chicken
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp oil
- canned mushrooms (drained and rinsed) or 2 cups raw
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pkg bacon bits
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix the first four ingredients together.
Pour 1/2 of this mixture over chicken and marinate in frig for 2 hours.
Set other half of marinate aside.
After marinating, drain the marinate from the chicken.
Brown the marinated chicken in the 3 tsp oil about 10 minutes each side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside
Saute canned mushrooms (or raw) in butter for about 5 minutes.
Put chicken in casserole pan, top with the half of marinate, layer cheeses on top of this, put cooked mushrooms on top of cheese, and pour bacon bits on very top.
Bake uncovered at 375 for 20-25 minutes
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!