Rate this recipe 4/5 (14 Votes)
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- corn oil for deep frying
Mix together the dry ingredients.
Add the onions, milk, and egg, then stir.
Heat oil and drop mixture by spoonfuls into the hot oil. Let it brown and turn over, allowing the other side to brown.
Drain oil and serve hot.
I suggest that you do not substitute yellow cornmeal for the white cornmeal, as it changes the flavor.
You'll also love
- Warm Potato Salad 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Fruit Ambrosia 4/5 (13 Votes)
- IHOP Pancakes 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Toasted Marshmallow Icecream 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Biscuits 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Country Biscuits 4/5 (7 Votes)
- crema cheese sticks 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Old Fashion Corndog Bites 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe