- 1 pack lasagna noodles 2 lbs ground beef 1 c ricotta cheese 1 c cottage cheese 1 jar spag sauce 1 tbsp minced onion 2 tsp minced garlic 4 c shredded cheese any variety salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
boil noodles according to package directions. drain and cool with cold water.
brown ground beef and onions, remove from heat, drain fat,
add salt, pepper, garlic, stir well
add spag sauce, ricotta and cottage cheese, mix well.
add small amount of sauce to cover bottom of casserole dish. layer noodles, sauce mix, shredded cheese. repeat until dish is full.
cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30-45 mins until cheese is melted. let cool 5 mins before serving.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.