Chipolte Chicken Bites
- 1 large boneless chicken breast
- 1/4c plus 2T chipolte salsa pureed
- 2 avocados
- zest and juice of one lime
- 2T red onion finely minced
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- 1 Roma tomato finely chopped with seeds removed
- 2T fresh cilantro minced
- 1/2 jalapeño minced with seeds and ribs removed
- 1/4t cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 round tortilla chips
- 24 cilantro leaves for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
The night before, pour 1/4c pureed chipolte salsa over chicken to marinate, turn once.
Cook chicken covered in a saute pan. Allow to cool and shred.
Mix with remaining salsa.
Make guacamole with remaining ingredients.
Top each chip with a generous TBSP of chicken and guacamole.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.