- 1 can Eagle brand
- 1 pkg chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
One day ahead, place unopened can of Eagle brand in deep pot covered in water. Boil for 4 hrs and add water as needed to keep can covered.
Heat chocolate in double boiler. On wax paper make small spots of chocolate. Refrigerate.
Cut up caramel and place one piece on each spot of chocolate.
Cover caramel with nuts, then top with melted chocolate.
You'll also love
- Ginger snaps 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Trail mix 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Kid Friendly Chocolate Chip Muffins 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Mini Pecan Pie 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Cotton Candy Cones 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Buttery Pecan snowballs 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Homemade Pull Taffy! 4/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.