Savories- Garlic & Cheese Biscuits
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine.
Drop batter by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. While biscuits are baking mix melted butter and minced garlic. Brush garlic butter over hot baked biscuits.
Don't over mix the biscuits of they will get hard!
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Sauce 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Biscuits with jam 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Gram's Mac & Cheese 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Amazing Potatoes 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Easy Drop Biscuits 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Duck Breast Skewers and Zucchini... 4/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!