Easy Apple Pie
- 2 packages frozen harvest apples, defrosted
- 2 unbaked 9 inch pie pastries
- 1 fourth cup sugar, plus sugar for sprinkiling
- 2 table spoons all purpose flour
- 1 fourth teaspoon groubd cinnamon
- 1 eighth teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place 1 pastry in a 9 inch pie plate. Combine defrosted harvest apples, 1/4 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl: spoon into pastry shell.
Place remaining pastry on top of apple mixture: seal and flute edges. Cut slashes in pastry. Brush pastry lightly with milk: sprinkle with additional sugar.
Bake for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.