- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Cayenne
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Slice chicken breasts into 5-6 pieces each and thighs into 3-4 pieces each. Place them in a marinating dish or large plastic zipper bag.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, spices, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Cover chicken with marinade. Marinate minimum 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking oil. Place the chicken pieces on the sheet, evenly spaced.
Roast chicken in oven for approx 15 min (until cooked through), turning chicken pieces once with tongs halfway through cooking.
Take chicken out of the oven and let it cool slightly. Use a sharp knife to slice the meat into small, thin pieces.
Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a skillet on the stovetop over medium. Pour half of the chicken into the skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes till the smallest pieces of chicken turn brown and crisp. Repeat with remaining chicken. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.