Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- 1 bunch of white or green asparagus
- 250 g pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- creme fraiche
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut the asparagus into small pieces, reserving the tips. Add them to a big saucepan, cover with a bit of water, close the lid and simmer until they are almost cooked through and the water has evaporated.
Take out the asparagus. Add a bit of oil to the pan, sautee the onion, then when transparent add the garlic. When both are cooked, add the chicken and cook through.
Put the asparagus, and the tips, back in the pan along with the chicken and onion mix. Add cream according to how creamy you want it to be. You can also add spices like 'persillade', 'dry parsley or 'herbes de provence'.
Cook for about 5 minutes so that the cream infuses with the spices and chicken/veggies, and serve over pasta topped with grated Parmesan.
You can also add some chopped fennel along with the asparagus if you like.
You'll also love
- BBQ sausages with diced potatoes 2.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Chili 2.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Adam and Jen's Pasta Sauce 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Pizza Balls 3/5 (15 Votes)
- Pasta with mushroom soup / veggies 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Asparagus 2.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Green asparagus and goat cheese... 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Chicken and... 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?