Cottagers' Cubed Steaks
- 4 palm sized cube steaks
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes drained, keep juice
- olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 small oniion or 4 small leeks
- salt, pepper,cayenne or red pepper flakes
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
slice onion into frypan, saute with oil,garlic and peppers to the degree of kick you desire.
remove oniions, keep warm, add steaks and saute till done.
add onions and tomatoes, cutting up tomatoes to cover the steaks. simmer, use tomato juice if more sauce/"gravy" desired.
serve over a scoop or two of cooked rice.
you can thicken the sauce by shaking a little tomato juice with some flour.
substituting a spicy V-8 beverage in place of tomato juice makes the "gravy" more interesting.
I love serving this with a big pot of previously frozen, cooked mixed veggies, mixing my serving in a bowl with some of the tomato "gravy".
You'll also love
- Mom Otteson's Swedish Meat Balls 2.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Italian Grilled Chicken 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Bhaji 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Spicy Hot Cocoa Mix 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Low Calorie Chocolate Pie. 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Super Easy Boxed Strawberry Cake 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Pepper "steak" & rice 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.