Avocado Bruschetta with Balsamic Reduction
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place baguette slices onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
To make the balsamic reduction, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 6-8 minutes; set aside and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste.
Top each baguette slice with tomato mixture, garnished with basil.
Serve immediately, drizzled with balsamic reduction.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!