Toasts recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Toasts recipes
Avocado Bruschetta with Balsamic Reduction
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
piquillo peppers toasts
Toast slices of country bread
- 1 jar piquillo peppers
- Country bread
- A clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- Sheep cheese
Cream of lentils, curry masala, toasts
By Sophie Mülhens
In a saucepan, bring the chicken stock, coarsely chopped carrots, chopped onion, shallot and lentils
- 2 large carrots
- 4 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 small onion
- 1 shallot
- 2 glasses of green lentils
- scant cup whipping cream
- masala curry
- bread with nuts or dried fruit for toasts
Preheat oven , 425 F Take the sliced bread first spread tapenade, add the hard cheese, put the second slice of b...
- - 6 slices of bread (you can even use bread a few days old)
- - 2/3 tbsp tapenade
- - 2 tbsp sour cream
- - 2 slices of ham
- - 2 tbsp of mashed avocado
- - 2 slices of soft cheese
- - 2/3 cup grated cheese
- - Salt
- - Pepper
- - chives
- - A few slices of hard cheese
Eggplant salad toasts
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 1 medium eggplant, about 3/4 pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional for oiling baking sheet
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled crumbled feta
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 8 1/2-inch slices of baguette, brushed with olive oil (I used 1-inch slices in the photos, then decided they were too thick)
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and halved