Avocado Egg rolls
- FOR THE EGG ROLLS:
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 4 sundried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (~1/2 lime)
- 8 egg rolls
- 1 egg white
- FOR THE CASHEW AND TAMARIND DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped or ground
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- chili sauce sauce as sriracha to taste
- salt to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
FOR THE EGG ROLLS:
Mix the avocado, sundried tomatoes, red onion cilantro and lime juice, divide the mixture between the egg roll wrappers and roll them sealing with the egg white.
Heat some oil in a small pan over medium-high heat add the egg rolls and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 3-5 minutes and set aside on paper towels to drain.
FOR THE CASHEW AND TAMARIND DIPPING SAUCE:
Puree the oil, cashews, tamarind, balsamic vinegar, honey, cilantro, garlic, ginger, chili sauce and salt in a food processor.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!