Southwestern Spiced Guacamole
I have seen and tried hundreds of guacamole recipes, and I'm not sure if it's possible to say one is an original recipe. That being said, I adapted this from my aunts simple and basic guacamole recipe. It's the way I like it, hot and spicy, and at this time is my favorite guacamole recipe. Serve as you would any guacamole - as a dip with chips, a topping for tacos, casseroles or burritos, etc.
- 5 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 very thin sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
- 3 cloves mashed roasted garlic
- 3 minced red jalapeno peppers
- 3 minced serrano peppers
- 1 minced chipolte pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fine chopped cilantro
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mash 3 avocados with a fork and coarse chop the remaining two. Stir remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing plastic onto the surface of the
guacamole. Chill 30 to 60 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Serve as desired.
For variations, add seeded and peeled chopped plum tomatoes and/or red or green hot sauce to taste, if desired.
You'll also love
- Jalapeno Cilantro Salad Dressing 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- gram cracker bites 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Mexican fruit 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Philly Avocado Dip 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Avocado 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Southwestern Slow-Cooker Stuffed... 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Guacamole 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Southwestern Chicken and Black... 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.