Ginger's Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb beef sirloin
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 10 oz container of beef bouillon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp sherry
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Cut beef against the grain into 1/4" by 1" pieces. Brown beef pieces quickly in a hot skillet, do not overcook. Remove and place in casserole dish.
Reduce skillet heat and add mushrooms, onions and garlic (add more butter if necessary). Cook 3-4 minutes until onion is clear. Remove and add to the casserole dish.
Make the sauce in the skillet. Melt butter and add flour, salt, tomato paste, and beef bouillon. Cook until thick, then add sauce to casserole.
When ready to serve, add sour cream and sherry to casserole and heat in 275 degree F oven for 1/2 hour or until warmed thoroughly. Don't let it boil, or sour cream will curdle.
You'll also love
- Pizza Primavera 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Crockpot Beef Stroganoff 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Stroganoff 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Russian Chicken 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe