Recipe for ONE-PAN green pea pilaf!
By Tisa Jacob
Glorious green rice. Onepan dish with more than a handful of ingredients prepped in a miniprocessor.
You only need a handful of ingredients and 35 minutes to make this yummy rice dish!
- 3-4 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1" piece ginger, chopped
- 2-3 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4-5 large sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 mint stems, with leaves, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 2 cups Basmati rice - rinsed 2-3 times
- 3 ¾ cups hot water
- 2 tsp salt or enough for flavor
- 1 cup frozen green peas
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from blessingsfrommykitchen.blogspot.com
In a food processor or blender, pulse garlic, ginger, lemon juice, cilantro and mint till blended with the consistency of thick paste, not too drippy.
In a deep set saucepan or dutch oven(large enough to cook rice), heat oil over medium heat. If using, add bay leaf.
If needed, reduce flame to medium-low and stir in blended green paste. Saute until ingredients are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
Mix in cleaned, drained rice. Stir in with the ingredients until well coated.
Take heat to high. Add hot water and salt. Stir.
Bring rice to boil. Reduce flame to medium- low and keep rice covered. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Open lid and add the peas. Turn off heat. Cover tightly and allow the frozen peas too thaw and plump and rice to cook through (all water absorbed) with the remaining heat of the pan, about 10-12 minutes.
Fluff with fork before serving.
You'll also love
- Taco Pie 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Meatloaf 3.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Dutch tomato soup 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- PEANUT BUTTER BANNANA SMOOTHY 3.7/5 (50 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Taiwanese Fried Rice 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice Bake 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Summer Salsa 3.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Split Pea Soup 3.1/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe