Rama Navami specials (panagam, neer more, vada paruppu)
These are the made for for Rama navami
- 1. Panagam
- Jaggery - 1 cup.
- Water - 3 cups.
- Dried Ginger powder (chukku) - 1 teaspoon.
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 teaspoon.
- Lemon - 1/2.
- 2. Neer more.
- Buttermilk - 1/2cup.
- Water 1 1/2 cups.
- Curry leaves (chopped).
- 3. Vada Paruppu.
- Moon dal (paasi paruppu) -1/2 cup rinse with water .
- Curry leaves.
- Shredded raw Mango - 1 tablespoon.
- Shredded Coconut - 1 tablespoon.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all Ingredients for panagam. Serve with or without ice.
Mix all ingredients for neer more. Serve with or without ice.
For Vada paruppu, dal should be soft after some time of rinsing and keeping in a cup. Add other ingredients.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!