Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
Soft hot chocolate flavored holiday cookies with a hint of peppermint and a white chocolate drizzle
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (187.5 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup instant hot chocolate mix (powder)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract (1/4 tsp if a peppermint lover)
- 18 Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses
- White chocolate
- for drizzle
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Adapted from kristinkitchen.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
In a large bowl attached to a stand mixer, add the butter, sugars and hot chocolate mix
Mix on low speed until it starts to combine then beat on medium high speed until creamed and lighter in color (about 4 minutes)
Scrape the sides of the bowl then add the egg, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Mix on medium low speed for about 30 seconds until it combines
Gradually add the flour mixture with the mixer on low speed. The batter will be thick and sticky so scrape the bowl as necessary
Mix until the flour is incorporated, being sure not to over mix
Scoop the cookie dough into 1.5 tablespoon balls and place onto a cookie sheet
Bake for 9 - 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes
Lightly push the kisses into the center of the cookies. When the cookies are cool, drizzle the melted white chocolate
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!