Our best tomato pasta bake recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!
Top rated Tomato pasta bake recipes
Tomato, Basil and Cheese Baked Pasta
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt the water
- 1 pound small shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 turns of the pan in a slow stream
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 small to medium yellow onion
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed Italian tomatoes
- any brand
- 1/2 cup
- 10 to 12 fresh basil leaves
- torn into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup store bought basil pesto sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- a couple of handfuls
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 10 ounces dry pasta (I used a combination of rotini
- farfalle and penne. Any similar size would work.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup whole milk
- heavy cream or half-and-half (I used half-and-half)
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed or shredded)
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes
- cut into large chunks (I used grape tomatoes sliced in half)
- Fresh basil or parsley
- for garnish
Healthy 3-Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake
Heat oven to 375ºF. Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt and adding spinach to the boiling water the...
- 1-1/2 cups multi-grain penne pasta
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 jar (14-1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) Neufchatel cheese
- 1 cup shredded 2% milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese