Recipes with water chestnuts - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Water chestnuts recipes
Kung Pao Chicken
By CartoCreative, CartoCreative
Marinade: Combine marinade ingredients, mix well
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (skinless
- boneless halves - cut into chunks)
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 5 Tbsp Rice Wine
- 5 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch (dissolved in 2 Tbsp water)
- 2 tsp Hot Chile Paste
- 5 tsp White Vinegar (distilled)
- 10 tsp Brown Sugar
- 4 Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Green Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper (chopped)
- To taste Chili Pepper
- 1 (8 oz) can Water Chestnuts
- 4 oz Peanuts (chopped)
Wild Rice Salad
In a large bowl mix ingredients together and refrigerate
- 2 packages long grain and wild rice mix cooked with 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms added while cooking the rice
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 1 green onions chopped
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayo
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Wrap bacon around water chestnuts and secure with a toothpick
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
Baked bacon wrapped water chestnuts
Served hot or cold, this little appetizers are sure to be a huge hit!
- 2 cans of whole water chestnuts 10 ounces each
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 1/3 cup of Kraft brand Catalina dressing
- 1/3 cup of chili sauce
Traditional Christmas Breakfast
Cut each strip of bacon in half
- 1 package of lean bacon
- 2 cans whole water chestnuts
- 1 bottle of teriyaki sauce