Baked bacon wrapped water chestnuts
Served hot or cold, this little appetizers are sure to be a huge hit!
- 2 cans of whole water chestnuts 10 ounces each
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 1/3 cup of Kraft brand Catalina dressing
- 1/3 cup of chili sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cut bacon strips into 3 pieces.
Wrap the smaller cut portion of bacon around a water chestnut and adhere with toothpicks. Repeat until all bacon is gone.
Place prepared water chestnuts snugly into a small baking dish.
In a bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, salad dressing and chili sauce.
Pour sauce over water chestnuts while trying to not get the sauce on the toothpicks.
Bake at 325 degrees for approximately an hour and a half.
I try to find the leanest bacon I can. If your bacon is too fatty there will be a lot of grease separation in the span. You should skim this off especially if serving cold.
You'll also love
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.1/5 (275 Votes)
- Chicken and Asparagus Skillet... 2.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Bourbot Fillets with Smoked Bacon... 2/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon wrapped dates 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Mozzarella Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Mushroms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Traditional Christmas Breakfast 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!