Ancient Diets That Still Exist Today
In the US, technology has had a strong influence on how and what we eat, and that's good... right? It's not an easy question actually. There are still civilizations who hunt and gather their food, and some are much healthier than we are! Here's what we can learn from them:
Kalahari Bushmen - Southern Africa
The Bushmen have been around for 20,000 years. Their lifespans are as long as ours, and their health lasts longer than ours into old age. Strokes and heart attacks rarely affect them, if ever, and diseases are rare among them. While the Bushmen rely on ancestral techniques for hunting and gathering, they are consuming five times the amount of magnesium as the average American, 50% more potassium than recommended by experts and higher amounts of protein and smaller amounts of sodium than recommended.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.