Sticky Sweet Caramel Apple Beignets
All the delicious flavors of caramel apples in beignet form!
- 2 apples
- 1 jar store-bought salted caramel
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Slice apples into thin discs.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, coat the edges of the apple rings with the salted caramel.
- Lay the caramel-coated apple slices on a lined baking sheet.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda egg, and milk.
- Heat the oil to 380°F (260°C).
- Coat the apple slices with the batter, using a fork to flip them over.
- Fry the apple slices until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- While they're frying, stir together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon.
- Coat the apple rings with the cinnamon sugar mixture, and serve immediately.
Hungry for more? Here are 24 savory ways to cook with apples.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.